I shall be playing with Furl soon. Some initial comments on the concept:
- Yes, this sort of thing should exist
- While their FAQ does mention export options, I’d still rather the back-end were under my control. I do see merit in being able to cross-reference other peoples’ Furled entries, however, so I could be persuaded
- It annoys me that the greatest advance in browser technology since Mosaic has been tabbed windows, and that this sort of thing isn’t already commonplace.
- iRemember is the only piece of software from Mac OS 9 that I miss; it indexed every web page I visited, so I could find it again. It worked transparently and terrifically.
- Agent Frank is also interesting, but worked rather badly last time I tried it out and now appears orphaned.