Another thing that should be included in Citizenship lessons: basic spatial awareness. Exercises could include —
- Continuing moving when stepping off the escalator
- Holding the door open for the next person behind you
- Not walking in front of people browsing for magazines in WH Smith
- Not just standing staring at said magazines shoulder-to-shoulder
- Moving away from the coffee machine once one’s chosen beverage has been dispensed
- When paying for lunch, leaving space for the next person’s tray on the little shelf beside the till.
That last one really wound me up today. Can you tell?