In no particular order:
- In 2012, Apple still haven’t changed the industrial design of their laptops. I mean, really!
- For that matter, BBC News 24 looks exactly the same. I’m not sure if this is a bigger surprise than that it’s still going.
- The cybermen are coming back! (which is something of a relief, since they felt a bit wasted earlier in the series).
- Yes, we do find out more about Torchwood. Next week. Hurrah!
- They really want us to believe that Billie Piper is bedeaded at the end of the series. Which probably means she isn’t, but there we go.
- Astonishingly, it is possible to use the London 2012 and Olympic logos in a dramatic presentation. I was under the impression that such licenses were either impossible or prohibitively expensive, but evidently not. Or did the BBC manage to negotiate a sufficiently broad license that it covers even Doctor Who? Weird.
- The Doctor was a father? What? When? Conor – you’re needed. Explanation, please.